Join us as a Delegation!
Consultation on Conscience is the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism’s biennial social justice leadership conference. Held over three days in Washington D.C., Consultation empowers the Reform Jewish Movement through leadership development; opportunities for network and community building; and active dialogue culminating in an afternoon of advocacy on Capitol Hill.
In 2017, there will be a special focus on protecting vulnerable populations, conversations on how to better organize to combat voter suppression and the staggering problem of mass incarceration in America.
The conference will take place April 30 – May 2, 2017.
The Religious Action Center invites congregations and organizations to be a part of the Consultation on Conscience as an official Delegation. Delegations are groups that desire to strengthen their social justice efforts, deeply connect with one another, and network with allies. As part of our work to strengthen the Jewish community’s power as change agents, your Delegation’s participation in the Consultation will be crucial in making this goal a reality.
Delegation benefits include the following:
* Opportunities to deepen relationships among the members of your Delegation.
* Delegations leaders will participate in in pre-event Consultation Conversations to learn about plans for the conference and provide feedback.
* Promotion of your Delegation’s name and/or logo in conference materials and onsite displays.
* Large delegations have an opportunity to organize a meet-up (e.g. happy hour, breakfast, discussion, etc.) for your Delegation during designated time slot at a cost to your organization, but publicized in conference materials.
You can strengthen your Delegation by promoting the Consultation within your congregation or organization and bringing a group of committed and engaged participants. Your Delegation will benefit from a wide range of programming and training opportunities from which participants can take back what they have learned to their congregation or organization.
Delegations are asked to:
1. Link to the Consultation on Conscience website either from your homepage, via an email to your network and/or via social media and
2. Commit to bringing a group of participants.
Please note the deadline to sign up as a delegation is April 1st.